返回列表 發帖

[其它] Airbox Launches S3-Compatible Cloud Storage With No Monthly Fee!

[img=100,300]https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/8jlGOfY_ohYJAGJ9ewFK2sl2tRixHUYKbIDxeuVKv5BnQOQFMQmaztXAu5eGxTXLfrTBIIxhsANOynkFDGFU79c2xfrpUAlwYfyw-UAX=s0-d-e1-ft#[/img]

Paul from Airbox contacted LowEndBox to share the news of their new S3-compatible data storage company that recently launched.  Read on for more info and pricing details about this interesting new venture, plus a special offer for LowEndBox readers!
Airbox is a new S3-compatible data storage company with a unique pricing model, that I recently launched because I got tired of companies charging me minimum monthly fees for storage I’m not using (BackBlaze B2, Digital Ocean, Wasabi, FileBase all do this). Also, I want something my mom could setup, which basically excludes anything coming from Amazon.Pricing
Pricing is based on a credit system. Make a one-time payment of $49.99, which you can then use as credit for storage and download at your own pace. Credit doesn’t expire. If you’ve got less than 500TB, then long-term Airbox ends up being less expensive than pretty much every other S3 storage vendor. Check out the comparison here: https://www.airbox.ai/pricing/
Effective rates are:
  • Storage: 2¢ / GB (billed per-per byte / per-hour)
  • Download: 2¢ / GB

No fees for API requests / minimum object retention / minimum object size / any other dodgy fees that seem to be common in this space.
Airbox is still in beta, so I’m handing out a +20% bonus to LowEndBoxers who are interested (make a $50 payment, and I’ll give you $60 worth of credit).
To take advantage of this offer, sign up for an account  at https://www.airbox.ai then send a ping to lowendbox at airbox dot ai, with “BONUS” in the subject line.FeaturesIf there are specific S3-enabled apps you want to use, please comment. So far I’ve tested:
  • Cyberduck
  • ForkLift (macOS Finder replacement)
  • Arq
  • Restic
  • rclone
If there are any S3 features you’d like to see, please let me know in the comments. One S3 feature we should have soon is Website Configurations, that automatically serve a bucket through a CDN. Once this gets added, you’ll be able to host a wicked-fast + hack-proof static WordPress/Jekyll/any SSG site from Airbox for dirt cheap.
About AirboxAirbox is a Canadian Company (operating under 9488944 Canada Incorporated). Our office is proudly based in a small town in rural Ontario in this humble building. I’d like for Airbox to extend it’s small town sensibilities to you our customer, wherever in the world you may be.  You can read our Terms of Service on our site.  We accept PayPal and credit cards for payment.
InfrastructureBehind the scenes, your data is ultimately warehoused on a number of different brand-name storage vendors, where the risk of data loss is behind enough 9’s to make this a non-issue. Airbox has it’s own API / caching layer, which hides away complexies, annoyances, hidden fees, and monthly minimums that come with dealing with one of these storage vendors directly. Our caching layer is in Los Angeles, on dedicated hardware. If you want to do a latency check, you can ping the domain useairbox.com.

The post Airbox Launches S3-Compatible Cloud Storage With No Monthly Fee! appeared first on Low End Box.

返回列表